Page MenuHomePhabricator

Database error after reinstall
Closed, InvalidPublic

Description

Hello, after reinstall owncloud and user_sql-plugin i get the error "Failed to connect to the database: Unsupported type:" the Database settings are all correct, when i verify the settings i get the message "Successfully connected to database" can you please fix this?

Event Timeline

It seems that either saving or loading of the settings fails (you did click on "Save", right?).
Could you give some more info, please:

  • Which version of ownCloud are you running?
  • Which version of user_sql are you using?
  • What's your database backend you try to configure in user_sql?

If you have admin access to your owncloud database, you can check if saving the settings worked correctly by having a look at the table oc_appconfig. There should be settings for the app "user_sql", one of it being "sql_driver_default".

Hi Andreas, yes i click on "Save" after Verify Settings :)

here the infos you need:
OwnCloud Version: ownCloud 9.1.0 (stable)
user_sql Version: SQL user backend 2.3
i configure the user_sql at the Backend from OwnCloud (as Administrator)
mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.0.26-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2 with myphpadmin

and yes, i have fully admin access to the owncloud database. here is a screenshot of the configuration at mysql >> https://i.imgur.com/m9RMbza.png

Hm, looks quite fine to me.
Is this the only domain you serve ownCloud on? If yes, what happens if you duplicate your settings for domain "default"?

I could explain this behaviour if you are accessing your Cloud from another domain or directly using its IP address.

Yes this is only the one server. i have duplicate the login information's to "default" and now without errors, but its no synchronizing (i cant see the Users of the another Database)

Here my owncloud log >> https://i.imgur.com/RS339D8.png
and here is only one user (admin) >> https://i.imgur.com/Ft0R9WX.png

That's really strange. The log doesn't even include information about ownCloud trying to list the users from the user_sql backend.

It's been a while since I did a clean installation of ownCloud, so I'll do that and check if I can reproduce your problem. Beforehand, a few more questions:

  • Which distribution and version are you running, it looks like some sort of Debian?
  • Did you install ownCloud from the tar archive or from a distribution package?
  • You seem to be authenticating against Joomla - which version exactly?

Okay, Thanks for your time!

Here the Infos:
Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.36-1+deb8u1 (2016-09-03) x86_64 GNU/Linux
Distributor ID: Debian
Description: Debian GNU/Linux 8.5 (jessie)
Release: 8.5
Codename: jessie

I have install ownCloud via. zip archive from ownCloud Website.

its Joomla! 3.6.2

yesterday i did a clean install of ownCloud and user_sql Plug-in, and i have the same symptoms.

I just did a fresh installation of Debian Jessie, ownCloud 9.1.0, user_sql 2.3 and Joomla 3.6.2. Everything went without problems, my Joomla user is in the list and is able to login.

Here are the settings for user_sql:



I didn't change the settings on the remaining two tabs.

okay, that's strange. maybe its a misconfiguration of my mysql server? can you give me the config of your mysql server? so I can compare it

I did not change the configuration of the sql server. I just created a new local user and selcted "Create database with same name and grant all permissions" in phpMyAdmin.

But my MySql Server ist configured by Plesk. Maybe here are another settings adjusted.

I went over your screenshot of the app configuration again and I think I found your problem: You must activate "Invert Active Value" (I did not bother entering the table for "User Active Column" in the first place)

By the way: If you go through the Joomla docs you'll notice that the column "activation" is meant for a completely different thing: It controls whether activation emails are to be sent!
You want the column "block" and, of course, need to check the "invert active value" box.

hey, so you were right . when I set the field "User active" to "Block" and "Invert active values" , it works now. Thank you.

you're welcome, I'm closing this...